Holding primary responsibility for activities in this area is Ashwood’s Care Group, a team of teachers who voluntarily commit to supporting students at Ashwood who need help beyond what is already offered in the classroom.
The Care Group carries out a number of roles within the school community, including:
- supporting teachers in observing and understanding the needs of students, particularly those experiencing challenges to health development and academic and/or social success
- offering suggestions for assessment and therapeutic support for students.
- initiating studies to deepen the group’s understanding of child development, child study techniques, learning styles, learning disorders and remediation, and shares these insights with the faculty
- organizing visits by consultants who are experts in the field of Waldorf remedial education, assessment, or other needed area
- maintaining a resource list of area specialists
Learn more about Waldorf remedial education: